It’s hard to believe it’s literally only been a week since I turned off the outside world of social media and started turning inwards for enlightenment. It feels like a hurricane has flown through my brain leaving a mess behind along with an eery calm as well as the hope for a new beginning.
I really didn’t know what to expect when I started this journey, but I can tell you already it’s made it possible for me to explore and think more deeply and connectedly with myself than I feel I have ever done before.
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – GOALS FOR DAY 7
- Read 1 Chapter of the 4-Hour Work Week
- Why? My reading of this book has slowed down somewhat, but I feel like it’s actually connected to thoughts on other things speeding up. Nonetheless, I do want to get this book done and I won’t let this one go until I’ve accomplished that
- Explore My Desires
- Why? I’ve spent a lot of time this week trying to figure out fundamentally what it is I want in life. It’s been a bit more time consuming than I thought though. It’s amazing how easy it is to identify things you think you may NOT want, but sometimes it’s really hard to pinpoint exactly what it is you DO want – especially when you’ve been challenged to find out like I have. So I figure I’ll keep on searching until I reach more clarity
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – EXPERIENCES FROM DAY 7
Morning – I realise I have gotten really used to waking up to different thoughts in my head and spending time just ruminating in bed before getting up and facing the world. I rarely used to do that, I usually used to just enjoy the silence or just get up and go per clockwork. I realise it’s a luxury to actually have the time to just lie and think about the meaning of life, but I’m starting to think it may be a luxury I need to integrate into my life more often moving forward… maybe that’s how and why people start meditating. Definitely something I’ll consider looking into.
Afternoon – I had visitors over this afternoon and it was so wonderful catching up with them. I honestly don’t remember the last time I’ve had some many visits to my place in such a short amount of time, but I have to say I’m really enjoying it. I’ve always been a fan of having people over at my place, but I usually only do so on special occasions. It’s been really nice just having people around to eat, chat and exchange the wisdoms of life with. I wonder if I can integrate that into my life more moving forward?
Evening – I’m currently sitting on the sofa having watched the last episode of “When Calls the Heart”. My cat is sleeping and looking super cute, I can hear the noise from the streets below and yet the peace… the peace of the moment is just something I am really appreciating. I realise my time at home is coming to an end as I’ll be going back to work soon, but I feel a deep gratitude inside me right now for all I have experienced and all the little things that make up life. I realise that despite my daily gratitude lists, it’s actually moments like this in the quiet where you really really really think about what you are grateful for (instead of simply scribbling down an exercise) that are the most meaningful. It’s a really nice moment.
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – VERDICT FOR DAY 7
Although the last week has been full of contemplations and realisations sprinkled throughout the days, the one thing that I think sets this day apart from the others is the calm I am feeling right now.
There is a peace around me that hasn’t been there in a little long time and with that peace comes a hope that any decisions to come will be the right ones and that wherever life takes me it will just get better and better.
It feels a little like spring is slowly on its way – a new beginning and new start of a relationship… with myself and the world around me. I’m very interested to see where things will go from here.
Posts in this Series
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 6
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 7
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 8
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 9
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 10
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 11