Today is all about health. With two doctor’s appointments scheduled and a new week starting, it’s the first thing on my mind.
Staying home is nice for a while, but getting back into the swing of things has its place too, so let’s get to it!
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – GOALS FOR DAY 6
- Read 3 Chapters of the 4-Hour Work Week
- Why? I really need to finish this book. Getting there!
- Drink Carrot Juice…Somehow
- Why? True to the health track, a friend of mine bought me some carrot juice last week and I’ve been struggling to drink it. I’m not the biggest fan of vegetables at the best of times, but I know they’re healthy, so… glug glug glug…
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – EXPERIENCES FROM DAY 6
Morning – A friend of mine came to visit this morning and it was such a welcome surprise. We sat together talking about some of the wild ideas I’ve been having over the last week and it was really interesting because at one point he said “You know at first I was intent on talking you out of these ideas, but now that you’ve continued talking they actually don’t sound so crazy after all. Could be a great opportunity”. I guess getting crazy to be not so crazy is all about the packaging, eh?
Afternoon – Following my appointment at the doctor’s today, this afternoon has been about one thing: research. I don’t know about you, but when I have an idea I’m the kind of person who needs to know all about it. Is it feasible? Is it expensive? Who’s done it before? What was their experience? How could this grow me? What would be the positive and negative impacts if I did do it? I’m a big believer in preparation in case you couldn’t tell. It may take some effort but it makes decisions so much more informed!
Evening – Womaning up to my carrot juice challenge, I decided to mix some orange juice with my carrot juice to see if it’s any more palatable. I originally tried to drink it pure, but wrinkling my nose at every sip isn’t really my idea of fun, so…umm… cheers and chug haha
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – VERDICT FOR DAY 6
It’s a funny thing when you make a decision. Sometimes it can make you feel so great (especially if it’s one you’ve been mulling on for a while), but then sometimes your fears start kicking in and lead you to start questioning everything about your decision after that. Quite an uncomfortable place to be in when that happens.
Luckily, just in time for this dilemma, a friend of mine recommended a new book for me to read recently. It’s called “Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway” by Susan Jeffers. When I think back on today and some of the bigger decisions I made, I’m thinking that may just be the tonic I’ll need very soon…
Posts in this Series
- 66 Days without Social Media Challenge – Introduction
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 1
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 2
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 3
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 4
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 5