I was reading some poetry today and came across one piece called ‘Calm after the Storm’ by Rachel. It’s a beautiful poem that I felt perfectly captured the essence of how different events from today played together.
In my mind it’s been a particularly quiet day today. Not much of anything comes to mind when I think to describe it and yet somehow I like that – unusual as it does feel. I suppose not every day can (or should) be a day of revelation!
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – GOALS FOR DAY 10
- Start reading ‘Feel the Fear… And Do It Anyway’
- Why? My friend recently recommended this book as a way to get me out of my decision paralysis. I’ve made some decisions recently, but am still a little wishy washy on whether I actually want to follow through on the actions, so this may be a good way forward.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water
- Why? I’ve been starting to get headaches in the past couple of days and I think it may be because I’ve stopped drinking as much water as I used to. My skin has been breaking out too… never a good thing!
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – EXPERIENCES FROM DAY 10
Morning – I woke up this morning and felt a little bit lost. Since I made some big decisions with regards to my life and where to potentially take it yesterday it felt a little like there was nothing more to think about. All the second guessing, rumination, thoughts whizzing around my head were all of a sudden gone simply leaving… silence. I didn’t feel a sense of relief as I thought I would, I also didn’t feel quite as excited as I thought I would either. I simply felt neutral – it was the oddest thing.
Afternoon – I’ve noticed an odd contradiction in my behaviour today. One one level I seem to have an increase in energy leading me to engage in a number of activities that I wasn’t planning for today (i.e. laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping etc.) but on the other hand I’ve felt like my brain was working at half the speed it usually does. I’ve also had a stronger urge yesterday and today to rejoin the social media world for some reason (which I haven’t given in to!), but I’m wondering if it’s linked to my brain somehow wanting a pick me up due to the quiet?
Evening – There was a thunderstorm this evening, which was absolutely breathtaking. As I went to close the living room door, which had been open as we’d had bright sunshine this afternoon, the strength of the wind made it difficult for me to do so and kept pushing the door back open until I could finally bolt it. I’m usually a huge fan of rainstorms as I feel there is a real beauty and strength that comes from the water pounding down from the skies, onto the earth. Today, however, the storm was accompanied by such high winds that made the water splash hard and fast against the windows and made the trees whip from side to side relentlessly. It was a truly magnificent and at the same time somewhat humbling sight. It made me feel so grateful for the four walls around me protecting me from harm. Not everyone is so lucky, which is easy to forget sometimes.
66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – VERDICT FOR DAY 10
If I had to describe today in one word it would be ‘vague’. Its been one of those days where it feels like the calm after the storm is here and there is a lightness, a brightness, a feeling of renewed energy which is about to emerge and yet for that to come the peace, the calm, the tranquility after the storm needs to be appreciated.
It’s in moments like these it can be difficult to judge one’s emotions and it doesn’t feel like much of anything is there in that moment. And yet I also find that some of the greatest moments in self-development and progress can follow moments like this. I really look forward to seeing that develop and experience what’s next.
Posts in this Series
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 6
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 7
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 8
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 9
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 10
- 66 Days Without Social Media Challenge – Day 11